Summary generator is a free tool to generate summaries online. It shortens long documents in human words. Additionally, it summarizes text in key points and paragraph format.
Generate summary in your own words
The near human (AI Summary) option will generate a summary in your own words. The generated summary will be plagiarism free. You can check the plagiarism status here (check plagiarism in summary).
Uses of text summarizer
- To save time when writing an essay or paper
- To create a concise, accurate summary of a text
- To help with information overload by reducing the amount of reading material
- To improve your understanding and recall of essential information
- To find key points and main ideas in a text.
- To help you write a summary of an article or text
- To help you summarize a long piece of writing
- To create a summary of a book
- To summarize a lecture or speech
- To help you remember key points from something you have read
- Easy to use and free of cost
- Produces accurate summaries in a short time
- Can summarize long documents quickly
- Summarizes text in key points and paragraph format
The original-words summary option does not change the wording of original text. It keeps the words same but extract the most important points to generate summary.
Original key points and wording
No changes made in original text
Faster than AI Summary Mode
AI Summary (Near Human)
The AI summary option changes the original text in a shortened paragraph. The goal is to make the text easier to read and understand, without changing its overall meaning.
Summary in human words
Key points in your own words
Plagiarism free summary
Summary Generator Features
A summary generator can be used to quickly and easily generate concise summaries of text documents. It can be used to summarize articles, blog posts, research papers, and other long-form texts.
The generator uses natural language processing (NLP) techniques to identify important phrases and sentences in the text and then create a summary of the main ideas.
Additionally, it can be used to summarize conversations, emails, and other forms of communication. Summary generators can be used by students, academics, business professionals, and anyone who needs to quickly get a summary of a large text document.
Paragraph vs Bullet Points
Get your summary in paragraph or in bullet points.
Summarize Unlimited Words
There is no words limit. Summarize unlimited words and pages.
Summarize Online Articles With URL
Enter the URL of an online articles and click “Extract” button. Next, click on “Summarize” to generate summary.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
These questions can be helpful to know more about text summarizer.
How Should I Summarize?
Summarizing is a simple way to convey precise, easy-to-read information.
Follow these steps to summarize an article
Read the Article Thoroughly
First, read the entire article. You can skim and scan. Even if you wrote it, reread it. You must read it carefully to identify the most important parts.
Focus on the most important points
Find the most important passages and reflect on their meaning. Underline relevant phrases, sentences, and passages.
Filter Out All the Key Points
Have you highlighted everything? Now, extract each part’s key points and list them all.
Create a Brief Description
After filtering out all the key points, describe them briefly. Your summary must be logical, consistent, and grammatically correct.
Use “transition markers” or “linking words” when describing key points.
How To Summarize A Book In One Page?
Here are 5 steps to summarize a book in one page:
1. The first thing that you need to do is to read the book carefully. You can use a simple tool like Google Docs or Evernote, which will help you to write down all of your ideas quickly and easily.
2. After reading the book, take notes on what you have learned from it and make sure that they are organized according to categories such as history, characters, plot, etc. You can also organize them by using tags for easier access later on when you are writing your summary paper.
3. Next step is to create an outline for your summary paper based on the main points that were discussed in the book so far and those that are going to be discussed next chapter by chapter until you finish reading it completely. Make sure that each point has its own section so there won’t be any confusion while writing down your final draft of this paper. Because if not done properly this may lead into a mess of information at some point during writing process.
4. Now that you have your outline ready, it is time to start writing down the summary paper based on the structure of your outline. You can also include any important quotes from the book that might be useful later on when writing an essay or a research paper.
5. Once everything is organized properly, it’s time to start writing!
Make sure that every point has its own paragraph. And don’t forget to add proper citations at the end of each paragraph with references if possible.
Use proper transitions between paragraphs to keep the flow of your writing consistent. This ensures that your readers can follow the plot and understand what has happened so far without being overwhelmed.
How to write summary of an essay?
This is how you do it:
1) First of all, decide on the topic that you want to write about.
2) Try to make sure that the subject matter is interesting enough so that others will want to read your paper.
3) Think about what information or facts you would like readers of your paper to know before they start reading it.
4) Then, take notes on these points as soon as possible after the event takes place in first paragraph.
5) After taking notes on these important points, try writing a short summary (about one page long).
6) Read over what has been written at least once before moving forward with the rest of the paper
7 ) Finally, begin writing your paper by first summarizing each main point.
8 ) Continue doing this until all main points have been summarized.
9 ) Once finished with this part of the process.
10 ) Go back through all main points again.
11 ) Once done, move onto next paragraph.
12 ) Repeat steps 4-12 until everything has been covered.
13 ) Use paraphrasing tool to make the summary readable’
14 ) Check grammar of summary to make sure it is grammar error free
Is paraphrasing and summarizing useful in content writing?
The right use of paraphrasing and summarizing can benefit web content writers.
Paraphrasing helps the content writers to:
Improve Content Quality
Achieve More Clarity
Summarizing helps the content writers to create content for:
Blog Post Conclusion
Social Media Descriptions
In short, paraphrasing and summarizing both serves the best to create quality content for websites, social media posts, and marketing collateral in a shorter time period.
How is paraphrasing different from summarizing?
Paraphrasing uses different wording to make a passage unique, while summarising uses its main points to make it short. Paraphrasing and summarising are both effective writing techniques. Each technique has its uses, depending on the writer’s goals.
The following explanation compares paraphrasing and summarising
1. Change the words sentence structure
2. Use the same wording but reorganize the text
3. Doesn’t change the text length
4. Make the text brief and shorter
1. Used to make the text unique and clear
2. Used to make the text short and concise
3. Helps to write complete articles and essays
4. Helps to write introductions and conclusions
Helpful resources to summarize text effectively
- How Should I Summarize?
- How is paraphrasing different from summarizing?